martes, 2 de febrero de 2016

Color 'n Cream Crochet and Dream: Tutorial Flower Square V

Color 'n Cream Crochet and Dream: Tutorial Flower Square V: As promised, I present to you the tutorial of the Black-White-Grey Flower Square. This is not my own pattern. It's quite a classic p...

Tutorial Flower Square V


As promised, I present to you the tutorial of the Black-White-Grey Flower Square. This is not my own pattern. It's quite a classic pattern and I really don't have a clue where it's from. It's old and been done many many times. But since lots of you requested a tutorial on this square, I decided to share it with you.

I used mercerized cotton, Phil Cotton 3 and Catania. And I used a 3,5 hook, but I crochet very tight and most of you I would recommend a 3 mm hook.

I use the American terminology.
Stitches:
Slip Stitch (ss)
Chain (ch)
Half Double Crochet (hdc)
Double Crochet (dc)


Start with a magic circle (or chain 3, join with ss). 
Round 1: Ch 2 (or 3 if you prefer), 11dc. 12 stitches in total, join with a ss.
Round 2: Change color. Start in between 2 of the dc's from the previous round, ch 2, 1 dc in the same space, 2dc in next space, all around, join with ss. 24 Stitches in total.



Round 3: Change color, I used a contrasting color here. Start in the space between 2 of the 2 dc's from the previous round (see picture above), ch 2, 2 dc in same space, 3 dc in next space, all around, join with ss. 36 stitches in total.
Round 4: Change color. Start in the space between 2 of the 3 dc's from the previous round (see picture above). ch 2, 2 hdc in same space, *3 dc in next space, ch 3, 3 dc in next space, 3 hdc in next space*, repeat *to* until you've created a square. Join with ss. 
It's important to know that in this square, the corners aren't formed in one space, but by the ch 3 in between two spaces. That's the big difference from a 'normal' granny square.


I ironed the squares so they would be easier to sew together. I would recommend to sew these squares together, rather then to crochet them together. I think it's much prettier. Just hold the fronts of the squares to each other and put you needle trough 2 opposite stitches (see picture above). Just proceed with the next 2 squares in the same way. Then sew the other side together and this is what you'll get!



I made my first digital chart with Crochet Charts. It's a very simple program and easy to learn. I know this one isn't flawless yet, but I'm learning. I'm definitely going to purchase this software (for now I used a trial version). I know I forgot the starting ch 2's and the ss's, but hey, this is my first try!!


To make a cushion out of two sides, just join the sides with single crochet all around. For the picot edging: start in any stitch, ch 3, double crochet in first chain from hook, skip 1 (or 2) stitch and join with a slip stitch. Super simple! And if you only skip one the only important thing is that you have an even number of stitches. In a square that's always the case...


Well, hope it's clear. Feel free to ask questions, preferably through email. Do put in a link of the project you have a question about. 

Have a meaningful thursday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Mi lista de blogs

Buscar este blog